Queen’s Young Leaders Grants Eligibiity
You are eligible if your organisation:
- Is registered in one of the six eligible countries, or is registered in a Commonwealth country and will work through a named partner who is registered in one of the six eligible countries
- Has independently audited accounts within the last two years
- Has managed grants of equal size before
- Is not a Company limited by shares or a Public Limited Company
- Has governance structures that involve, or are made up of, young people and beneficiaries of youth-focused projects
- Has demonstrable experience of working with young people
- Can demonstrate where young people have played a clear role in the planning of projects and activities
- Has a child protection policy.
THE GRANT-MAKING PROCESS
The main Grants will be made by a two-stage process – a Discovery Phase and a Development Phase.
Discovery Phase: The Discovery Phase will be carried out in each of the target countries by The Queen’s Young Leaders Team in order to define where the Grants can have most impact. This will include participative workshops with organisations, partners, businesses and relevant stakeholders.
Development Phase:Organisations will then be asked to write a full application for a Grant.
Applicants will be provided with online support which will focus on programme design, organisational development needs, and opportunities for partnership.
Grant applications will then be assessed in-country by The Queen’s Young Leaders Team.
Our Advisory Panel of young people and Programme Board will then make the final decision about which organisations to award grants to.
SMALL GRANTS FIRE-STARTER INITIATIVE
The Scheme will also support small and innovative youth-led groups and organisations who don’t meet all of the eligibility criteria but are still making lasting change to young people’s lives.
One organisation in each country will be selected to run this Small Grants Fire-Starter Initiative providi
More information about this Initiative and how you can apply will be available soon.